Sleeping in Airports published its annual survey on best and worst airports as rated by travellers based on their overall airport experience.
They ranked their experience based on:
- Comfort (Gate seating & availability of rest zones)
- Services, facilities & things to do
- Food options
- Customer service
- Navigation and ease of transit
Top 10 Worst Airports in Europe
- Heraklion International Airport, Greece (HER)
- Santorini National Airport, Greece (JTR)
- Rhodes International Airport, Greece (RHO)
- Paris Beauvais–Tillé, France (BVA)
- London Luton Airport, United Kingdom (LTN)
- Rome Ciampino International Airport, Italy (CIA)
- Chania International Airport, Greece, Greece (CHQ)
- Cluj International Airport, Romania (CLJ)
- Berlin Schönefeld Airport, Germany (SXF)
- Berlin Tegel Airport, Germany (TXL)
At these airports travellers reported long queues, inefficient staff, dirty bathrooms’ lack of air conditioning, a lack of seating and overcrowding.
Sleeping in Airports however says travellers should not to let the airport experience colour an otherwise delightful Greek island holiday.
Edited for Apokoronas News